What is the Governments Workplace Grant Scheme?
The Workplace Charging Scheme is a government scheme for electric vehicles, offered by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles.
- The Workplace Charging Scheme provides £300 per socket of an electric vehicle charging unit, that you install.
- You can make a claim for up to 20 chargepoints, on the Workplace Charge Scheme.
- You can’t back-claim for old charge stations.
How Do I Qualify?
The Workplace Charging Scheme is available to any business, charity or public authority.
- You must have off-street parking.
- No electric vehicle proof is needed, but you will need to clarify a need for the business.
- You must have the charging station installed by an OLEV-approved workplace charging station installer.
How does the Workplace Charging Scheme work?
The Workplace Charging Scheme is a voucher based system.
- Fill in the online application form (link to form)
- If your application is successful, you’ll be emailed a voucher code which you can then present to your OLEV-approved installer. They will then be able to arrange an installation date with you.
- The voucher code is valid for 4 months.
Why install at work?
- 30% of electric vehicle drivers do their charging at the workplace, meaning your workforce can charge as they work.
- You can save nearly £1,000 a year in fuel costs by converting your businesses transport to an electric set up.
- You can offer electric vehicle charging to your visitors, boosting your company’s image as a modern, innovative entity.
- A green fleet can help reduce CO2 emissions and reach sustainability goals. Raising your business’s profile as an environmentally and green organization.
Step by Step
The Workplace Charger Scheme is a voucher based system.
Step 1: Fill in an application form online.
Step 2: If your application is successful, you will then be emailed a voucher code. This can then be presented to your OLEV-approved installer.
Step 3: The installer will arrange to install your electrical vehicle charging unit. The voucher code however, is only valid for 4 months.
To claim £300 off the cost of installing a workplace electric vehicle charge point, just fill in this simple workplace charging form, and our Customer Care team will do the rest!